Hello my lovely foodies! I am back in action, and bringing the AWESOME Secret Ingredient Game Challenge here on Kouzounas Kitchen.
A while ago in my new food group on Facebook, I decided to come up with a fun yet challenging food game where we pick one secret ingredient from a list that I found on the Food Network. Check out the list here.. >> http://www.foodnetwork.com/chefs/articles/50-secret-ingredients.html
Foodify Food Bloggers:
Check out Nidhi’s secret ingredient recipe. Her secret ingredient is: Ginger and Green Onion Paste
Check out Athina’s secret ingredient recipe. Secret ingredient is: Balsamic Vinegar
Check out Angela’s secret ingredient recipe. Secret ingredient is: Anchovies
Check out Gina’s secret ingredient recipe. Secret ingredient is: Lemon Juice
Check out Natalia’s secret ingredient recipe. Secret ingredient is: Crutons.
Check out Kiki’s secret ingredient recipe. Secret ingredient is: Pomegranate molasses.
Kiki will share her Greek Sangria, Mavrodaphne wine, Metaxa brandy, pomegranate & orange juice, pomegranate seeds and pomegranate molasses.
**I will be updating this post as food bloggers will be posting their links shortly. Please stay tuned in for that. Thank You!
We had to choose 5 ingredients of our very own and then 1 more ingredient from the Food Network secret ingredient list. We went by alphabetical order in our FB group, that way it was fair to pick the secret ingredient. :) I believe it was very challenging for all of us to find the perfect recipe while only utilizing 6 ingredients, but I think we all did it! We actually all rocked it, and I am proud of everyone!! Each of these recipes you will find are either sweet or savory. I decided to do a savory Greek dessert which I added a twist to.
Rizogalo Twist (Greek Rice Pudding With A Twist)
~Traditional rizogalo is served with cows milk, and sometimes eggs. I wanted to try out a different version of rizogalo with coconut milk, and make it Vegan friendly since I am doing a Vegan Challenge in our group this Wednesday! Stay tuned in for that. ~
Secret Ingredient: Arborio Rice
- 1.2 cup Arborio Rice
- 2 Cinnamon Sticks
- 4.5 cups Coconut Milk
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla flavoring
- 1 lemon- reserve peel/ zest
- In a large pot, heat the milk and rice over medium heat. Stir constantly until it begins to come to a simmer.
- Add the cinnamon sticks, and lemon peel and zest.
- Reduce the heat to medium, and keep stirring. Cook for about 30 minutes until the rice is tender.
- It is important to keep an eye on this yummy mixture, as it can burn quickly on the bottom of the pot.
- Remove from heat, and discard the lemon peel, and cinnamon sticks.
- Add the sugar, and vanilla flavoring.
- Ladle the rice pudding into 5 large ramekins.
- Chill in the refrigerator overnight. Serve with a dash of cinnamon over the top. I like to jazz it up with some lemon zest as well.