Hello Kouzounas Kitchen fans!! Today is Featured Recipe Thursday, and I am very happy about today’s post. I have been asked too many times to post some Vegan recipes, and guess what, I am finally posting a special Vegan recipe today.
While I was working a in store demo the other day, I ran into Patrick, who is a athlete, and he is hardcore vegan. Not only did he provide me with some great recipes, he was willing to share his vegan pizza recipe with me. I would like to share this recipe with all of you, and even if you are not vegan, why not give it a try. :)
Patrick’s Vegan Pizza Recipe
- 2 packets active dry yeast
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 4 cups all purpose flour/ Brown Rice Flour
- Gimmelean Vegan Sausage
- Daiya Cheese
- Organic Spinach 1 cup
- Organic Tomatoes 1/2 cup diced
- Organic Bell Peppers 1/2 cup diced
- White Mushrooms 1/2 cup sliced
- Dash salt & pepper
- Any Vegan tomato sauce 1 cup/ Victoria Vegan Sauce
- Pour 1 1/2 cups warm water into a large bowl, and sprinkle yeast and let stand until foamy.
- Whisk together sugar, oil, and salt into yeast mixture.
- Add flour and stir until sticky dough forms.
- Transfer dough to an oiled bowl, and brush the top with oil.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and set aside in a warm, draft free place.
- Let dough double in bulk, about 1 hour.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface, and gently knead 2 times before using.
- Prepare the toppings, by dicing the vegetables.
- Place your tomato sauce over the pizza lightly using a pastry brush. Then prepare the sausage. In a skillet coated with olive oil, form patties with the sausage and brown on both sides.
- Chop the patties in pieces and set aside.
- Place a light layer of Daiya cheese, then add the vegetables.
- Add the vegan sausage last, and place in oven at 400 degrees.
- Cook until pizza is golden brown.
Visit Patrick at the Whole Foods in the Sacramento Arden area tomorrow from 11- 3 PM. He will be demoing a fantastic healthy energy drink called BRAIN TONIQ, which I got to sample yesterday and I love it. Try it out tomorrow at the Whole Foods in Sacramento.
Check Out Patrick’s Facebook at the link below:
Have a wonderful 4TH OF JULY!!