Keftedes (Greek Meatballs) By Kouzounas Kitchen
Keftedes- (Greek Meatballs)
This is a super easy recipe, and you can add in soo many kinds of ingredients to make these flavorful. I usually add mint, basil, and garlic to these appetizers. Check the recipe out below and let me know your thoughts.
Keftedes- (Greek Meatballs) Recipe-
- 1 cup of panko bread crumbs
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 white onion- minced
- 1 bunch of fresh mint- chopped
- 1 bunch of fresh basil- chopped
- salt, and pepper to taste
- 1/2 pound of ground beef or pork
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons of Fage yogurt (plain)
- 1/4 tsp of extra virgin olive oil- and more for frying
- 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour for rolling the meatballs into
- In a food processor, add the onion, garlic, mint, basil, and seasonings. Add the onion mixture to a medium size bowl. Add in the panko breadcrumbs, yogurt, and eggs. Mix to combine and then add the olive oil.
- Prepare a saucepan, with olive oil over medium heat. Roll the mixture into 1 1/2-inch ball and place the balls into a plate with flour. Coat each meatball with flour and then dust it off slightly. Repeat the process until all the meat mixture is gone.
- When the saucepan is hot, add about 4-5 meatballs at a time to the pan, and cook for about 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Drain on a paper towel when the meatballs are done. Serve with tzatziki & fresh lemon juice.
– Kali Orexi!
- Albondigas, Albondigas Soup Recipe & Albondigas Soup | Pottery Barn (potterybarn.com)
- Penne with Quinoa Turkey Meatballs (kimthedietitian.wordpress.com)
- Paleo Meatballs (saturdaymorningfeeling.wordpress.com)