Today Our Featured Recipe is: Skordalia
One of my all time favorite Greek dishes. Skordalia is a traditional Greek garlic spread. Almost like mashed potatoes with tons of garlic. LOL (Just don’t plan on kissing someone for at least a few days after you eat this.) 🙂
*Thank you to Susan from Pennsylvania for sharing this lovely recipe with us.
Skordalia Recipe ( Greek garlic spread.)
- 4 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1/4 cup of minced garlic, or you can add more if you like.
- 1/3 cup of distilled white vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups of extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper for taste
* I like to add mint to this recipe. Try it out and see how the mint adds a great flavor to this recipe.
- Place the potatoes in a saucepan and making sure to cover them with plenty of water. Bring to a boil over high heat, adding a bit of salt to the water. Reduce heat to medium low and simmer for about 25 minutes.
- Once potatoes are done, in a bowl mash together the potatoes, garlic, vinegar, and olive oil. Continue to mix all ingredients together until everything is combined. Season with salt, and pepper.