Looking for some recipes to make this weekend? Check out these great recipes below.
Friday Fall Menu-
Quinoa Mediterranean Salad
- 1 cup of quinoa
- 2 cups of water
- 2 cups sliced grape tomatoes
- 1 cucumber peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup of kalamata olives
- 1 cup of feta cheese crumbled
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 tsp of dried oregano
- 1 lemon juiced
- sea salt & ground pepper
- Prepare the quinoa by boiling it in a pot with water. Let the quinoa cook for about 15 minutes or until the quinoa has absorbed all the water.
- In a large bowl combine the cucumbers, tomatoes, feta cheese, seasoning and olive oil. Mix to combine then add the lemon juice to the top.
Lemon Garlic Shrimp Skewers
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tsp of olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 bunch of basil chopped
- 2 tbsp of honey
- 1 pound of uncooked shrimp
- salt and pepper
- Mix the garlic, oil, lemon juice, honey, and add the seasonings In a medium bowl.
- Add the shrimp to a bowl and toss to coat And chill for about 20 minutes.
- Skewer the shrimp and grill about 3-4 minutes a side until pink all the way through.
Berry Tart Recipe
- 1 cup of all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup of ground almonds
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1 stick of un salted butter
- 1/4 teaspoon of almond extract
- 4-6 tablespoons ice cold water
- 1 cup of mascarpone cheese
- 1/3 cup of heavy cream
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 1 1/3 cup of raspberries
- 1 1/3 cup of blackberries
- 1 1/3 cup of strawberries
- 2 tbsp of orange liquor
- 2 tbsp of orange marmalade
- Pre bake the crust.
- In a food processor combine the flour, ground almonds, salt and sugar.
- Pulse to mix the ingredients. Add in the butter and pulse until the mixture looks like coarse meal.
- Next add in the almond extract to 4 tablespoons of ice water and add the almond water to the flour. Mix to incorporate.
- Add ice water one tablespoon at a time, and then mix to incorporate.
- Remove the dough from the food processor or kitchen aid and and form the dough into a a ball on a lightly floured surface.
- Wrap the dough into plastic wrap and chill for about 1 hour.
- Remove the dough from the refrigerator and roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface. Roll out into a 12 inch circle.
- Place the dough onto a fluted 9 inch pie pan. Gently press down the dough into the pie pan. Form the dough around the edges.
- Place the pie into a refrigerator and chill for about 25 to 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees or 200 Celsius.
- Poke the bottom of the pie pan in several places with a fork. Place aluminum foil into the pie pan, then fill the inside with beans. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove the pie from the oven and remove the beans from the center of the pie. Place the pie in the oven to cook for another 15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- In a mixer bowl add the mascarpone cheese, cream, and sugar. Mix on high speed until stiff peaks form.
- Place mixture into the cooled pie. Level out the mixture with a spatula.
- In a small saucepan add in the marmalade and the liquor to medium heat. Cook until well combined.
- Place all the berries into a medium bowl, and add the marmalade sauce over. Mix with a spatula.
- Using a slotted spoon, add the berries over the pie filling. Place berries in a circular design or pattern over the pie.
Kali Orexi and Happy Friday!!