Healthy Mediterranean Meals!!
Everyone is always looking for healthy recipes right?? Well here is your chance to make a few tasty yet healthy recipes.
Mediterranean Grab & Go Snack Wrap
- 2 tortillas (whole wheat)
- 3 tablespoons of fat free tzatziki or plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tomato sliced
- 1 bunch of basil- minced
- 1 garlic- minced
- 1 cucumber- sliced
- 1/2 cup of spinach
- 1 lemon
- Place tortilla on a cutting board, and add a dollop of the yogurt.
- Add in tomato slices, cucumber, garlic, and a bunch of spinach.
- Squeeze fresh lemon juice over the wrap and add sea salt and ground pepper.
- Roll the wrap up and enjoy.
How about a healthy black lentil soup?
Black Lentil Soup-
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- 2 medium onions, sliced and halved
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tsp of sea salt
- 6 cloves of garlic, minced
- 3 medium beets, roots peeled and grated
- 2 cups of cabbage. sliced
- 1 tsp of ground pepper
- 1/2 cup of black lentils, soaked for about 8 hours
- 1 tsp of cumin
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 lemon
- 4 teaspoons of extra virgin olive oil
- Heat coconut oil in a large stock pot. Add in the onions, bay leaves, and salt.
- Saute the onions until softened for about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the garlic and cook for about 1 minute.
- Add in the beets, cabbage, pepper, lentils. and 8 cups of water. Bring the pot to a boil and then reduce the heat to medium low and simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Add in the cumin and lemon juice.
- Ladle the soup into soup bowls, and then garnish with fresh avocado slices and drizzle olive oil on top.
Speaking of the yummy lentil soup above ^^, how about some Beet and Lentil Hummus?? These 2 ingredients combined are a big hit now a days. Try this recipe out below.
Beet & Lentil Hummus
- 2 medium beets, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup of black lentils, rinsed and soaked over night
- 1 clove of garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 tablespoons of tahini paste
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons of lemon zest
- seasoning- sea salt & ground pepper
- Prepare the lentils by draining and soaking them. Bring lentils, beets, and 1 cup of water to a boil in a medium saucepan.
- Then reduce the heat to medium low and cover and simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Next add garlic to a food processor and then add in tahini, oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, and salt.
- Process the ingredients until creamy.
- Add in the lentils and beats and blend on high until smooth. Add salt and pepper.
- Serve with fresh vegetables.