Easy spaghetti Sauce
Happy Wednesday everyone!!
Here is a super tasty and fresh spaghetti sauce recipe below for all you spaghetti lovers!!
Kouzounas Kitchen’s Fresh Spaghetti Sauce Recipe-
Yield: About 4 cups
- 4 pounds of tomatoes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 small onion
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 medium carrot
- 1/2 stalk of celery
- 1 bunch of fresh basil
- 1 bunch of fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon of red wine
- 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt
- Pinch of ground pepper
- Peel your tomatoes first. Bring a pot of water to a boil. Cut a x on the bottom of each tomato, this will help when you peel the tomato. Blanch the tomatoes for about 30 seconds in boiling water.
- Place the tomatoes under cold water and peel the skins off. Discard all skins.
- Cut each tomato in chunks and then squeeze the seeds out and reserve the juice.
- Coarsely chop each tomato and set aside. To prepare your vegetables, finely chop the onion, and mince the carrot, celery and garlic, basil, and oregano.
- Next place all ingredients in a food processor and blend.
- Cook your sauce:
- Heat your olive oil in a large pot over medium. Cook your onions, carrots, celery and garlic, and herbs for about 10 minutes. Add your tomatoes and bring to a simmer, lowering the heat to medium-low. Simmer your sauce, stirring occasionally. Add the red wine and salt & pepper. Cook the sauce for about 45 to a hour.
Tip- If you want your sauce a bit sweeter, I like to add in 2 tbsp of honey.