Saturday’s Food For Thought..
What’s everyone cooking on this wonderful Saturday???
Do you know one of the most common fruits in Asian countries?? Can you take a wild guess? It starts with a G and ends with an A…
Guava Is Saturday’s Food For Thought
Very well known in Asian countries and well known for the health benefits this lovely fruit has to offer. Guava is known to come in round or pear shaped seasonal fruit, that is light green, yellow or maroon in color. Majority of people eat this fruit raw or have it on toast in the form of jelly.
Health Benefits & Properties:
- Guava is very rich in astringents and this helps your gums feels tighter and stronger.
- Guava’s are rich in licopene, a powerful antioxidant that studies have shown that help fight against prostate cancer.
- Guavas is one of the richest sources of dietary fiber.
- Another positive benefit of guavas is the presence of B3 and B6 vitamins.
- Guava helps reduce high blood pressure. Guava, being very rich in fiber and hypoglycemic in nature, helps reduce blood pressure.
- The list of positive benefits go on for guavas but the two most important factors are, guavas help prevent prostate cancer and helps control diabetes.