Today’s featured recipe is a unique and healthy must try recipe.
This recipe is created by Angelique from South Africa.
Thank you Angelique for this great recipe!
This recipe can go great with meat, salads, and really good on bread.
Featured Recipe Thursday White Bean Spread Recipe
- 2 cups of cannelloni beans soaked overnight in 6 cups of water
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 bunches of fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon of freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- 2 tablespoons of freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- Cracked black pepper
- Use the water that you soaked the beans in, and place in a large pot.
- Bring to a boil and cook for about 45 minutes.
- Once beans are done, drain the beans and place beans in a blender.
- Add the basil, lime, garlic, cumin, paprika, salt, cheese, and one tablespoon of olive oil to the blender.
- Blend until mix is smooth.
- Serve spread in a bowl or platter and top it off with cracked black pepper and olive oil.