Add some style to your macaroons with sliced almonds.
Coconut Almond Macaroons Recipe
- 1/4 cup of powdered sugar
- 2 cups of shredded coconut sweetened
- 2 tablespoons of all purpose flour
- 2 egg whites slightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla flavoring
- a handful of sliced almonds
- Optional- chocolate for dipping
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees or 160 Celsius.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl combine the powdered sugar, coconut, flour, and almonds.
- Add the beaten egg whites and vanilla to the bowl and mix to combine.
- Dampen your hands with cold water and prepare to mold these macaroons.
- Use about 1 1/2 tablespoons to form a ball.
- Place each macaroon on a prepared baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake until golden brown. Let cool on a wire rack.
- If you want to do chocolate dipped macaroons, melt a block of baking chocolate and then dip the macaroons in.
- I like to use a pastry brush, and brush half the macaroons with chocolate.
Kali Orexi & Happy Baking!
~Thank you very much to all of the hard working chefs & home cooks out there on Word Press. I couldn’t do it without you all who have helped me get this magazine together!!~