You know what day it is:
Featured Recipe Thursday
Garlic Eggplant Dip Recipe By Stavros in Australia
- 2 heads garlic
- 1 eggplant
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- sea salt and ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees or 230 Celsius.
- Separate garlic cloves without peeling and tightly wrap together in foil.
- In a shallow baking pan roast garlic and eggplant in middle of oven until very tender. (About 30 minutes)
- Unwrap garlic and peel, and transfer the garlic to a food processor.
- Scrape flesh from eggplant into food processor, discarding skin.
- Purée mixture until smooth and, with motor running, add oil and vinegar until combined.
- Season the dip with fresh sea salt and ground pepper.
- Serve with pita chips.