I saw Gaea Products!!
Good Friday to you all!! I was busy all day prepping for a few orders for Christmas coming up. Guess what I came across in Raley’s grocery store??
Gaea’s Gourmet Line Of Cat Cora’s Kitchen Products
Appetizer: Spinach & Brussels Sprout Saute Recipe
- 1 lb Brussels sprouts
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 2 pinches of sea salt
- cracked pepper
- 1/2 cup almonds
- Peel each brussel sprout individually and remove the leaves, one leaf at a time.
- Discard the cores, and keep the leaves in a bowl, and set aside.
- Over medium heat add the olive oil to the pan, and add all of the brussel sprout leaves.
- Saute the leaves for about 1 minute.
- Add the vinegar, and maple syrup and toss to coat.
- Add the spinach to the pan, and stir to combine.
- Remove from heat, and season with salt and pepper.
- Add in the almonds and serve.
Main: Chicken with Sautéed Mushrooms Recipe
Yields- 4 servings
- 3 cups of sliced mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 4 boneless chickens pounded
- 5 oz. of Gruyere cheese/Parmesan
- 2 eggs beaten
- ¾ cup of chicken broth
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 lemon squeezed
- 1 tsp. of oregano/ basil (dried)
- 1 tablespoon of red wine
- Sea salt, pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place the mushrooms in a pan and lightly saute them with the butter and add the wine. Saute for a few minutes, and then place in a medium size baking pan. Next dip your chicken in the egg wash and roll the chicken in the bread crumbs.
- Next take the same pan and brown your chicken on each side on medium heat. Remove from heat, and arrange the chicken on top of the sauteed mushrooms in the baking pan. Add your herbs on top, and dress with the cheese. Add some sea salt & pepper for your taste. Add the chicken broth to the pan and place in oven for about 40 minutes or until golden brown on top.
- Remove from the oven and juice one lemon, and squeeze the juice over the chicken.
Dessert: EggNog Cheesecake Recipe
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup of white sugar
- 3 tablespoons of all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup of eggnog
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons of rum
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1 pinch of nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees (165 Celsius).
- In a medium bowl combine the graham cracker crumbs, 2 tablespoons of butter, and sugar.
- Press the ingredients into a 9 inch spring form pan.
- Bake in oven for 10 minutes.
- Place on a wired rack to cool.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees (220 Celsius).
- In a food processor, combine the cream cheese, 1 cup of sugar, flour, and eggnog.
- Process until smooth.
- Blend in the eggs, rum, vanilla, and nutmeg.
- Pour mixture into cooled crust.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to 250 degrees (120 Celsius).
- Bake for 45 minutes or until center is firm to touch.
- Remove from the oven and once the cake is cooled, remove from rim.
Serve with fresh whipped cream or fresh raspberries.
Kali Orexi, Happy Friday!