Happy New Year Friday Menu
2014 is almost here and so are some great recipe ideas for your New Year’s Eve plans.
Check out Friday Menu below.
Friday Menu New Year Recipes
Ginger Crab Cakes (Appetizer)
- 3 cups of crab meat, drained
- 2 1/2 cups of panko bread crumbs, divided in half
- 1/4 cup of diced red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup of Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup of soy ginger seasoning
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 clove of garlic- minced
- parsley Oil for frying Ponzu Sauce:
- 1/4 cup of Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon of Kikkoman Ponzu Sauce
1. Stir together the crab and 3/4 cup of breadcrumbs, vegetables, garlic, Greek yogurt, half the soy ginger seasoning, and egg.
2. Shape mixture into small crab cakes.
3. Stir the remaining breadcrumbs and soy ginger seasoning together.
4. Dip each crab cake in the mixture, pressing gently to coat.
5. Let the crab cakes rest on a plate, for 10 minutes.
6. In a saucepan, place oil in pan over medium heat.
7. Place crab cakes in pan, and cook a few minutes on each side until golden brown.
8. Drain on paper towels.
9. To prepare sauce, stir together Greek yogurt and Kikkoman Ponzu Sauce. Whisk to combine.
10. Drizzle sauce over warm crab cakes and serve with fresh parsley.
Lemon Chicken with Grapes (Main)
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 4 chicken breasts, pounded seasoned with salt & pepper
- 1/2 cup of chicken broth
- 1/4 cup of lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon of honey
- 1 cup of purple grapes halved
- Chopped rosemary
1. Melt 1 tablespoon of each: butter and olive oil in a large saucepan over medium high heat
2. Prepare the chicken and season with salt and pepper.
3. Cook chicken for 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until golden brown
4. Remove from skillet and set aside.
5. Add 1/2 cup of chicken broth, 1/4 cup of lemon juice. And 1/4 teaspoon of honey in saucepan.
6. Cook over medium heat until sauce has reduced in half.
7. Add chicken back to saucepan and add grapes.
8. Cook for 3 minutes and plate.
9. Sprinkle with fresh rosemary.
Lemon Mousse Pie Recipe (Dessert)
- 1 cup of plain Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons of lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons of lemon juice (fresh)
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup of water
- 1 envelope of gelatin (unflavored)
- 2/3 cups of egg whites
- one pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup of sugar
- 8 ramekins
- In a medium bowl combine yogurt, zest, juice, and vanilla extract. Whisk together ingredients and set aside,
- In a small bowl, place water inside. Sprinkle in the gelatin powder and set aside.
- Next in a medium saucepan, fill the saucepan with water. Boil the water over medium high heat.
- In a mixer, place egg whites, salt, and sugar into the mixer bowl. Stir the mixture gently to combine.
- Add the mixer bowl into the boiling water, and whisk the mixture gently until the sugar has been dissolved.
- Remove the bowl from the pan and place gelatin into the egg mixture. Whisk quickly to combine the ingredients together.
- Place bowl securely into the stand mixer. While using the whisk attachment, whip the egg mixture on medium high-speed for about 7 minutes.
- Add in the Greek yogurt and continue whipping until the mixture is combined.
- Divide the mixture among 8 ramekins and chill for at least one hour,
- Serve cold with some fresh lemon zest on top or fresh berries.
Like Kouzounas Kitchen On:
Follow On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/KouzounasKitchen
Follow On Twitter: https://twitter.com/KouzounasKitche
Follow On Pinterest: http://www.pinterest.com/kouzounaskitche
Follow On Etsy: https://www.etsy.com/shop/KouzounasKitchen