Great New Year recipe below.
Thank you to Michelle from Hawaii for this amazing recipe.
Chilled Beet Soup With A Touch Of Dill
- 4 cups canned chicken broth
- 1 pound beets, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup chopped white onion
- 3/4 cup of chopped carrot
- 3 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 3 tablespoons chopped green onion
- Greek yogurt (Fage)
- Combine 4 cups of broth, beets, onion, carrot, garlic and honey in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium low and cover and simmer until mixture is tender. ( 30 minutes)
- Cool mixture slightly then add to a blender, in batches.
- Transfer mixture to bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- Cover and chill overnight.
- Ladle soup in bowls and sprinkle dill and green onions.
- Top with sour cream.
Voting For December’s Featured Recipe Thursday Starts NowTake Our Poll
Mom’s Baked Chicken: http://kouzounaskitchen.com/2013/12/05/featured-recipe-thursday-baked-chicken/
Mom’s Linzer Cookies: http://kouzounaskitchen.com/2013/12/26/featured-recipe-thursday-lintzer-cookies/
Garlic Eggplant Dip By Stavros: http://kouzounaskitchen.com/2013/12/19/featured-recipe-thursday-6/
Chicken & Mushroom Alfredo Sauce Over Rice Recipe By Dan: http://kouzounaskitchen.com/2013/12/12/featured-recipe-thursday-5/
Just to be fair, since mom is in this contest, we will only be counting one of her recipes. The higher vote on her recipes will be taken in consideration.
Voting starts now and will end on January 9th 2014 at 5 PM PST.
Good Luck & Happy Thursday!