Jalapeno Poppers & Chicken Fajitas For Friday Menu..
You know what day it is! Friday Menu Day!
Healthy Jalapeno Poppers (Appetizer)
Chicken Fajitas (Main)
Nutella Peanut Butter Brownies (Dessert)
Healthy Jalapeno Poppers
- 12 large jalapenos
- 2 ounces feta cheese
- 4 ounces cream cheese, at room temp
- 4 ounces of cheddar cheese
- a handful of fresh chopped cilantro
- green chives for serving
- Preheat oven to 425 F (220 C).
- Cut each pepper lengthwise, and remove the seeds.
- Place on a baking sheet.
- In a medium bowl, combine the feta, cream cheese, cheddar cheese, and cilantro.
- Fill the peppers with the cream cheese mixture.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until tender and cheese has melted.
- Sprinkle fresh chives on top and serve.
Chicken Fajitas (Main)
- 1-1/2 tsp. chili powder
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2.5 tbs. olive oil
- 1 very large yellow onion, diced
- 1 large red bell pepper, cored, seeded, and cut into strips
- 1 cup of corn
- 3/4 cup Julienne carrots
- 3 medium cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp. fresh lime juice
- Twelve corn or flour tortillas
- 1 cup of Greek yogurt for the top
- Mix 1 tsp. of the chili powder, 1/2 tsp of olive oil, 3/4 tsp. salt, and 1/2 tsp. pepper in a small bowl.
- Season the chicken on both sides with the rub.
- Prepare pan by heating with 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat.
- Add chicken to pan, and cook until both sides of the chicken are brown.
- Transfer the chicken to a cutting board, and let them cool.
- Add the remaining olive oil in the pan over medium high heat.
- Add the onion, bell pepper, corn, carrots, and garlic.
- Saute until the vegetables become tender.
- Add the lime juice and season with salt and pepper.
- Dice the chicken and add chicken to the vegetables.
- Heat tortillas up, and fill the tortillas with the chicken fajita mix.
- Serve with a dollop of Greek yogurt on top.
Nutella Peanut Butter Brownies
- 1/2 cup of unsalted butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 cup of light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons of vanilla flavoring
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1 cup of peanut butter chips or chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup of nutella
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees ( 180 C).
- Line a 8 x 8 baking dish with aluminum foil, spray with cooking spray. (Set aside)
- Melt the butter in a microwaveable bowl.
- Add the egg, brown sugar, vanilla, and whisk to combine.
- Add the flour. Stir to combine. (Do not over mix.)
- Stir in the peanut butter chips.
- Place batter in prepared pan. Smooth the top down with a spatula.
- Evenly add and swirl the Nutella.
- Bake in the oven for 25 minutes or until a toothpick is inserted in the center, and it comes out clean.
Kali Orexi, Enjoy!