Happy Thursday! You know what day it is!!
Featured Recipe Thursday: Gigantes- Greek Beans In Tomato Sauce Recipe
(Today’s Featured Recipe came all the way from Melbourne, Australia! Thank you to Maria P for this wonderful recipe.)
- 1 pound of butter beans soaked in water over night
- 2 tomatoes diced
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 2 white onions, diced
- 4 tablespoons of tomato paste, slightly mixed with warm water
- 1/4 cup of red wine
- 3/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of Greek oregano
- 2 tablespoons of chopped parsley
- salt & pepper for taste
1. Soak the beans overnight.
2. Preheat the oven at 350 Degrees (180 Celsius).
3. Drain the beans, and rinse them under water.
4. Boil the beans in a large pot for about 45 minutes, until tender.
5. In a saucepan, add in the tomatoes, onion, and garlic. Saute for about 2 minutes.
6. Add the tomato paste, wine, chopped parsley, oregano, and olive oil.
7. Simmer the sauce for about 15 minutes.
8. Once the beans have been drained, place them back into the pot.
9. Add the sauce to the beans, and mix gently.
10. Pour the mixture into a baking pan, and drizzle a bit more olive oil over the top.
11. Bake the beans for about 40 minutes.
*Sprinkle fresh feta cheese on top or add a dollop of Greek yogurt.
Did you know Kouzounas Kitchen is in a contest?! Please take the time to vote for us! Thank you!!
Follow On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/KouzounasKitchen
Follow On Twitter: https://twitter.com/KouzounasKitche
Follow On Pinterest: http://www.pinterest.com/kouzounaskitche
Follow On Etsy: https://www.etsy.com/shop/KouzounasKitchen