I had some fun tonight exploring the flavors of quinoa in the kitchen. I wanted to combine Greek flavors with quinoa, and this is what I came up with below. I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I did.
Greek Quinoa Balls
- 1 cup of quinoa
- 2 bunches of parsley chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons of cumin
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 2 teaspoons of fresh mint
- 2 teaspoons of fresh dill
- 1/4 cup of crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup of diced cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup of red onion
- 2 teaspoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoons of raw sesame paste or tahini
- 3 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
- salt & pepper
- Place oven temperature on 450 Degrees or 230 Celsius.
- Cook the quinoa in a pot filled with 2 cups of water, and salt.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for about 30 minutes.
- Once the quinoa is done, set aside and let cool.
- In a food processor, add in the rest of the ingredients, and mix well. Process until everything is blended.
- Prepare a baking sheet, by spraying lightly with olive oil, or pan spray.
- Add the quinoa to the mix, and place a heaping tablespoon of dough in your palm, and roll into a ball.
- Place each ball on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the balls are golden brown.
- Serve with tzatziki or hummus.
Would you like a piece of Galaktoboureko to go with your Greek coffee? 🙂