Happy weekend to you all from Kouzounas Kitchen. I am having a great day! I found out that we hit over 1,000 votes in the Fed Ex Small Business Grant Contest. Thank you to everyone who has voted within the past month and you can still vote until Feb 23.
Saturday’s Food For Thought: Quince
Quince belonging to the apple and pear family, being native to the warm areas of southwest Asia. Quince are very much like a pear in shape, with a golden-yellowish outer layer.
Quinces are commonly used to make jams and preserves.
Health Benefits & Properties Of Quince
- Being rich in dietary fiber, quince is good for people who are on a diet, and trying to lose weight.
- Quinces are full of antioxidants.
- Researchers have found that quinces might be rich in anti-viral properties.
- Regular consumption of quince helps with digestion and cholesterol.
- Quince juice is good for those suffering from anemia, cardiovascular diseases, and asthma.
Have you tried quince? What did you think? Thank you for stopping by Saturday’s Food For Thought.