A Few Updates:
FedEx Small Business Grant Contest voting is over. They will announce 100 business’s in the first round. I am really hoping to be a part of that on February 26th.
I want to thank everyone for all of your wonderful support through this contest, and I don’t know what I would have done with out you all. So, THANK YOU!!!!
I am now publishing my recipes on ZipThis. Check it out here. > http://zipth.is/@ztv7d7
Traditional Greek Recipe: Skordalia- Greek Garlic Dip
Yields: 3 cups
Prep Time: 30 minutes
One of my favorite traditional Greek recipes. I would love to share with you my families recipe.
- 1 1/2 pounds of potatoes peeled and boiled
- 7 cloves of garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup of good quality red vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper
- Add the salt to a large pot of water.
- Peel the potatoes and boil in salted water until well done. Drain the water.
- Sprinkle pepper over the potatoes, and add the garlic.
- In the blender bowl of the food processor puree the potatoes, garlic, and Greek yogurt.
- Still pureeing, slowly add the olive oil and vinegar, alternating between them, and making sure the mixture is smooth.
- Skordalia should be creamy and thick in texture.
*I included the fun poll we conducted on here for What Was Your Favorite Greek Food As A Child.
Looks like Tiropita took the win in this poll.