Last night I was craving corn chowder… I don’t know why, but I had to make some and thought I would share my recipe with you all.
Yes I was cooking at 12 midnight, I guess that’s what us crazy chefs do. 🙂
You know what I love about this recipe?! The fact that you can throw all of your ingredients into a crock pot, and it’s ready to go.
Creamy Corn Chowder Soup
- 5 potatoes, peeled & cubed
- 1 large white onion chopped
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- I used 4 corn on the cob, and just reserved the corn. You can use canned corn or fresh. If you use can, use 1 can of whole kernel corn.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cubes chicken bouillon
- 2 cups half & half cream
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/4 cup white wine
- Parsley, chopped & reserved for the top
- In a slow cooker, place potatoes, onions, celery, corn, butter, wine, garlic, and seasonings.
- Add half and half, and 2 chicken bouillon cubes.
- Cook on a very low setting and cook for about 5 hours or until mixture is very soft.
- Once mixture is done cooking, I take my vita mix, and add all the ingredients and for only 30 seconds blend the mixture.
- Serve with fresh parsley and cracked pepper on top.
Optional: Add fresh chopped basil to the top.