Happy Sunday beautiful people. I was lucky enough to go to one of the best cities in the world to celebrate my early birthday. Can you guess what city I went to?!………………………….
The smell of fresh fish lingering in the air, brave people swimming in the ocean, great entertainment, and the beautiful ocean.
Sunday’s Lazy Daisy Brunch
With Easter fast approaching what better way to prepare a fabulous brunch with the family than with some French Toast Rolls. The children will love the terrific filling inside and eating it with their fingers; adults will love the sophisticated flavors of lavender and chocolate in our special adaptation just for them.
So, enjoy the coming week and while out buying last minute Easter baskets and goodies, gather some nominal baking ingredients for some quick, and simply delicious, French Toast Rolls.
French Toast Roll Recipe
- 1 Loaf of your favorite Bread (Crusts cut off)
- 1 Tub Spreadable Cream Cheese
- Fruit or jelly
- 2 Tbs Salted Butter
- Powder Sugar (Optional)
- 1-Cup Half and Half
- 4 Large Eggs
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- Using a rolling pin, flatten each piece of bread.
- On one end of the bread, spread a teaspoon of cream cheese to the edges and only in about an inch wide strip.
- Add fruit or jelly on top of the cream cheese.
- Roll from the filled side to the empty side of the bread. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl add cream, eggs, and cinnamon
- Whisk all ingredients together until well combined.
- Melt the butter into a frying pan over medium low heat.
- Dip each roll into the coating mixture until well coated and slightly absorbed into bread. Place on a plate to rest.
- When all rolls have been coated add them to the frying pan and cook until brown on all sides.
- Remove from pan and place on a serving plate.
- Lightly sift powdered sugar over rolls for garnish.
*Fill with Nutella and Lavender or if you are ambitious, try making your own bread with lavender baked right in.
Thank you to my lovely friend Pamela for posting this recipe. This is a must try. Have a great evening. 🙂