Happy Cinco De Mayo my friends!!
What is everyone doing for this festive day??!!
I have been getting many requests on how to prepare artichokes and new recipes. I found a fabulous link on how to prepare them and I am attaching a few of my very own recipes below.
How To Prepare An Artichoke:
Grilled Artichoke Recipe
- 2 artichokes
- 1 lemon (juice)
- 4 cloves garlic
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- Sea salt & ground pepper
- In a large bowl, fill the bowl with cold water, and add 1/2 the lemon juice.
- Trim the tops of the artichokes, and cut them in half.
- Place the artichokes in the lemon water.
- In a large pot, fill with water, and bring to a boil.
- Prepare your outside grill for medium heat.
- Add the artichokes in the boiling water, and cook for 15 minutes.
- Drain water, and squeeze remaining lemon juice over artichokes.
- In a small bowl, add olive oil, garlic, and seasonings.
- Brush artichokes with a coat of garlic marinade, and place artichoke halves on the grill.
- Grill for 10 minutes or until brown.
- Serve with remaining marinade.
Mediterranean Chickpea & Artichoke Salad Recipe
- 1 can chickpeas drained
- 1 can artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 can roasted red peppers, drained
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup pitted kalamata olives
- 2 stalks green onion, diced
- 2 teaspoons fresh basil, diced
- 2 teaspoons fresh mint diced
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt & fresh ground pepper
- In a large bowl, add artichoke hearts, chickpeas, red peppers, feta cheese, olives, and green onion.
- In a small bowl whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil, and seasonings.
- Add dressing to salad, and mix to combine.
- Chill for two hours.
- Serve with fresh parsley over the top.