~Great Summer Dessert~
I highly recommend this for Father’s Day coming up!!! Pamper your loved one on Father’s Day and surprise him with this special dessert. 🙂
Vanilla Lemon Fruit Parfait
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 2 tsp vanilla flavoring
- 4 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon butter at room temp
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 cups seasonal fruit, strawberries, blackberries, and rasberries
- Optional: toasted almonds
- In a small pot, bring the milk and the lemon zest to a boil over medium heat.
- Remove the pan from the heat and cool for a few minutes.
- In a large bowl, mix together the egg yolks, sugar, flour, and vanilla.
- Pour the milk mixture into the bowl, and whisk until smooth.
- Place mixture back into pot over medium heat, and whisk until smooth, and the sauce thickens.
- Remove pan from heat, and add butter.
- Whisk in the lemon juice.
- Transfer pastry cream to a bowl, and place plastic wrap over the top to prevent a film from forming.
- Chill in refrigerator for a hour.
- Prepare the fruit, and wine glasses.
- Layer the wine glasses with fruit, and pastry cream.
- Repeat until you have about 2 or 3 layers.
- You can sprinkle toasted almonds over the top and serve.