Friday’s Fabulous Party Menu
Happy Weekend to everyone!!
~Friday’s Light & Healthy Menu~
Starter-Mediterranean Fig Salad-
- 200 grams of green beans
- 5 figs- sliced in half
- 1 shallot- finely sliced
- 1 big ball of mozzarella- drained and sliced
- 1 cup of hazelnuts- roasted and chopped
- 1/4 cup of fresh basil leaves- chopped
- 4 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 4 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper for taste
1. In a saucepan, blanch the green beans for about 3 minutes and then drain and set aside.
2. Roast the hazelnuts in a oven and then set aside.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, honey, olive oil and seasoning. Chill in the fridge for about 25 minutes or so.
4. When dressing is ready, plate the green beans and then add the figs, cheese, shallots, hazelnuts, and basil.
Serve and enjoy!!
Main Entree- Marmalade Chicken Recipe-
- 1 cup of chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons of red wine
- 3 tablespoons of orange marmalade
- 1 teaspoon of Dijon mustard
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of ground pepper
- 1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 shallots- sliced & minced
- 2 teaspoons of grated orange zest
- Prepare the broth by whisking the wine, marmalade, and mustard together in a bowl.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper and in a saucepan heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Place the chicken in a saucepan and cook each side until golden brown. Transfer to a plate and cover the chicken and set aside.
- Add in the shallots to the pan and cook until they begin to brown. Whisk the broth mixture and add it to the pan. Bring the sauce to a mixture and then simmer until the sauce thickens.
- Add in the chicken to the saucepan and cook until the sauce thickens over the chicken. Remove from heat and stir in the orange zest.
- Enjoy this wonderful recipe!!
- How about a light dessert to go with this menu… Super easy..
Fresh Fruit Greek Recipe-
- Fage Greek yogurt 8 0z
- seasonal fruit, sliced
- 3 tablespoons of honey
- 4 tablespoons of walnut- toasted
- 2 teaspoons of lemon juice
- cinnamon for the top
- In a parfait glass, layer some fruit salad and then place about 1/4 cup of yogurt on top and repeat the layers.
- Drizzle with honey and lemon. Serve with toasted walnuts on top.