If you like simple, healthy, and Vegan cookies, you should check these out. 🙂
Greek Wine Cookies: Krasokouloura Recipe
- 1 cup white wine
- 3/4 cup organic sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons orange zest
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla powder
- 8 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 350 Degrees or 180 Celsius.
- In a large bowl, beat together the first seven ingredients listed above.
- In a small bowl dissolve the baking soda, with the lemon juice.
- In a large bowl sift the flour and baking powder together.
- Add the lemon, orange, and vanilla flavorings in the wet ingredients.
- Mix with your hands, and continue adding flour as needed.
- Knead for about 7 minutes.
- You can shape these cookies in various shapes like the photo below. 🙂
- Place cookies on an ungreased baking sheet, and bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown.