Delicious Cretan Thyme Honey
Happy weekend to you all from California! Father’s day is almost here, so this is what I am making for my dad. Delicious honey glazed salmon, with butternut squash and Greek salad.
Happy Father’s Day to you all!
First off I would like to welcome an amazing Greek company that I met on Instagram. Not only do they offer one of the BEST honey’s out there, but they work hard to ensure that their products are top quality.
The Saviolakis family sent me 1 jar of Cretan thyme honey, and wonderful honey Greek Delight, in other words Loukoumi. I am not a huge fan of loukoumi, BUT this is the best I have had. The reason for this, is the Cretan thyme honey adds such a lovely flavor to these candies. The loukoumi literally melts in your mouth. Their packaging is really neat too, which would make such a lovely gift. (Did I mention that I received this package within a few days!! Very fast shipping, which I was impressed.)
Please meet the Saviolakis family proud owners of Cretan Honey USA. Let’s see how they started.
Saviolakis~ The Beginnings
The locals have relied on the land for 1000s of years and now have taken to very light touristic activities in addition to agriculture. I truly haven’t been to an area as spectacular where you can find 8,000 foot mountains (which get a lot of snow in the winter) descend abruptly and end at some of the most sunning and clean beaches with crystal clear blue and green waters. A large amount of the area, even where you will find some villages such as Loutro and Agia Roumeli, is only accessible by boat or foot on the E4 Hiking Path.
Find Cretan Thyme Honey On Social Media
www.cretanhoney.eu (Europe Market)
http://sfakiano.com (Greek Label)
Honey Glazed Salmon Recipe
- 2 Salmon fillets (I prefer wild salmon)
- 1/4 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon tamari sauce
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Cretan Thyme Honey
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp cracked black pepper
- Whisk together the tamari sauce, lemon juice, honey, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl.
- Place salmon in a baking dish, and pour marinade over the fish. Wrap with plastic wrap, and chill for 1 hour.
- In a large saucepan, heat the olive oil with garlic over medium heat.
- Place salmon fillets in pan, and cook until salmon is golden brown on each side. Make sure you do not over cook, as that will ruin the salmon.
- Serve with a drizzle oh honey, and fresh parsley.
Photo Credit: Cretan Thyme USA/ Kouzounas Kitchen
Please do not re use these photos without permission. Thank you!