This recipe has been passed down by my aunt Angela from Belgium. She makes the most delicious Belgium waffle cookies!! She passed down her recipe to my mom, and now I created a new recipe of Belgium waffles. (Please keep in mind that this recipe is Belgium waffles, and not Belgium waffle cookies.)
From Kouzounas Kitchen to your kitchen, I hope you enjoy!!
Delicious Belgium Waffle Recipe
- 2 cups of all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup of organic sugar
- 3 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 tsp of vanilla flavoring
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1 1/2 cups of almond milk (You can use any kind of milk you prefer)
- 1 cup butter- melted
- Waffle iron
- ** Toasted almonds
- **Powdered sugar
- ** Fresh berries
- In a medium bowl combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- In another medium bowl, combine the vanilla, egg yolks, milk, and butter. Whisk until combined. Stir liquid mixture into dry mix.
- Whisk the egg whites until they form soft peaks.
- Fold the egg whites into the batter.
- Prepare batter onto preheated waffle iron. Cook until golden brown on each side.
- **I like to top the waffles off with powdered sugar, toasted almonds, and fresh berries. (Nutella is always a plus too!!)