Delicious Belgium Waffles
This recipe has been passed down by my aunt Angela from Belgium. She makes the most delicious Belgium waffle cookies!! She passed down her recipe to my mom, and now I created a new recipe of Belgium waffles. (Please keep in mind that this recipe is Belgium waffles, and not Belgium waffle cookies.)
From Kouzounas Kitchen to your kitchen, I hope you enjoy!!
Delicious Belgium Waffle Recipe
- 2 cups of all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup of organic sugar
- 3 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 tsp of vanilla flavoring
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1 1/2 cups of almond milk (You can use any kind of milk you prefer)
- 1 cup butter- melted
- Waffle iron
- ** Toasted almonds
- **Powdered sugar
- ** Fresh berries
- In a medium bowl combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- In another medium bowl, combine the vanilla, egg yolks, milk, and butter. Whisk until combined. Stir liquid mixture into dry mix.
- Whisk the egg whites until they form soft peaks.
- Fold the egg whites into the batter.
- Prepare batter onto preheated waffle iron. Cook until golden brown on each side.
- **I like to top the waffles off with powdered sugar, toasted almonds, and fresh berries. (Nutella is always a plus too!!)