Spinach Feta Quiche Recipe
It’s all about my sister’s favorite quiche today!! I must say I miss my sister dearly, as she no longer lives near us. She has a 1-year-old baby boy, my favorite buddy in the entire world, besides Cosmo my fur baby. 🙂
So I had a conversation with my sister today, and she said she had a spinach feta quiche from Costco, and it reminded her of the quiche I would make for the holidays. 🙂 Costco fans, do try out the spinach quiche and let me know your thoughts in the comment section below.
Happy baking!! 🍴🍴
Spinach Feta Quiche Recipe
No “blind baking” required in this recipe!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 carrots, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup of grape tomatoes halved
- 2 zucchini, finely chopped
- 1 pack of chopped spinach
- 1 teaspoon mint
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 5 eggs beaten
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 2 cups feta cheese
- 1 pinch ground pepper
- 1 pinch sea salt
Pie Crust Ingredients:
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose
- 1/4 tsp Himalayan salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cut into cubes
- 2 tablespoons of ice water
- In a mixer add the flour and salt. Pulse to combine, and then add the cold butter and pulse to mix. Whisk the water and egg together and add to the mixer and pulse to mix. Remove the dough from the mixer, and immediately roll out dough on to lightly floured surface. Roll the dough out into a 10 inch round. Making sure it is about 1.4 inches thick. Cover pie with plastic wrap and freeze for about 20 minutes.
- 2.Preheat the oven to 350 degrees or to 180 Celsius.
- In a large saucepan, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add onions, carrots, grape tomatoes, and zucchini. Cook for 5 minutes until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in spinach and seasonings, and cook until liquids are evaporated.
- In a large bowl beat the eggs, yogurt, cheese, and salt & pepper.
- Add cooled spinach to the egg mixture.
- Remove pan from freezer and pour filling over the top.
- Bake in the oven for 45-50 minutes or until eggs have set, and the crust is a golden brown color.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool down before serving.
What a vibrant photo and a lovely recipe koukla mou <3
Thank you bella! It is one of my favorite recipes by far!! 🙂
You’re welcome!! XO
Happy Thanksgiving bella! ❤️❤️
Happy Thanksgiving weekend koukla mou <3
Thank you bella! 🙂
I’m making this for Twixmas those awkward days when you are fed up of leftovers but its not time to shop for New Year. Thanks for your lovely recipes and best wishes fir 2017. X
Hi Sweet friend! Yay I’m happy you are giving this recipe a try.
Let me know how you like it and I hope to pay ya a visit soon in beautiful Crete!
Kala Xristougenna kai kalh xronia! 💕💕💕💕💕🎅🏻🎅🏻🎅🏻🎅🏻🎅🏻🎅🏻
Happy Happy New year! Here is to 2017! 💕💕
I’ve never had Costco’s quiche, but I am sure yours is hands-down better! It looks so delicious.
Thank you sweetheart! I actually tried it for the first time the other day, and Costco actually makes a somewhat decent quiche. 🙂
Looks delicious! There is nothing better than spinach and feta. Have a wonderful week Krystina!
Geia sou Antonia!!
I agree!!! Have a great week too, kai kales giortes!
Thank you!! Happy Friday. 🙂
Hi Koukla-it is a wonderful combo! xx
Hi! I agree! It is my favorite combo. 🙂