Greek Orzo Salad Recipe
One of my all-time favorite Greek salad recipes. It’s basically a Greek salad, with a twist. 🙂
- Orzo 1 1/2 cup (You can do white or whole wheat orzo)
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 1 cup of grape tomatoes diced
- 1 cup of cucumbers diced
- 1/2 cup of scallions diced
- 1/4 cup of Kalamata olives diced
- 1/2 cup of feta cheese crumbled
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1/4 tsp of fresh basil minced
- 1/4 tsp of fresh oregano minced
- sea salt and ground pepper to taste
- 1 tsp of cumin
- 1/2 lemon, reserve juice
- In a large saucepan bring 3 quarts lightly salted water to boiling. You do not need to add cooking oil to the pasta water; adding oil prevents sauces and seasonings from adhering to the orzo.
- Add 8 ounces (1-1/2 cups) dried orzo. Boil the orzo about 10 minutes or until it has a firm, chewy texture, stirring occasionally to prevent it from sticking together.
- Drain orzo in a colander and set aside.
Place all of your vegetables, herbs, and cheese in a medium-size bowl. Add the orzo and mix well. Add in lemon juice, olive oil, cumin, and salt & pepper. You can serve it warm or cool.
Looking for some delicious orzo? Click on the image above to take you to the store. 🙂