Happy happy Thursday. We are just days away from one of my favorite celebrations. Well first, it’s my birthday on Saturday. I’m turning 21… hahaha joking! 🙈🙈 I won’t even say my actual age.
Greek Easter countdown!! Speaking of Greek Easter, how about your eggs?? Did you dye your eggs?
I love the way our Easter eggs turned out this year! Better yet, it’s an all natural way to dye your eggs. Check out my recipe below.
~Have you used a similar method? If so, would love to hear your thoughts and comments.
- 12 eggs
- Red & yellow onion peel (12 onions)
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 5 cups water
- Olive oil for finishing
- Stainless Steel Pot
- In a stainless steel pot add the onion peel, water, and vinegar. Boil for about 20 minutes until onions become soft. (You want your water to be a deep orange to red color.)
- Strain the onion peels and reserve the water. Place water back into pot, and carefully place your eggs in the pot.
- Simmer for about 15 minutes. Test one egg to make sure the color is what you like. If you feel that the egg isn’t the right color, leave the eggs in the red dye overnight. (You want to keep and eye on the eggs to achieve the right color.)
- Remove eggs with a slotted spoon. Dry off and finish with light olive oil.
Make sure to boil your onion peel until you achieve a nice orange -red color.
Let your eggs set overnight in the red dye.
Check us out on Twitter~ Facebook~ & Instagram. ❤❤