Fluffy Pita Bread Recipe
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup of semolina (more for dusting)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1.5 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon clover honey
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- Greek marinate – 1/4 cup of Greek olive oil- 3 tablespoons of lemon juice- 2 teaspoons of oregano- 1 teaspoon of salt
Optional: You can add any herbs or spices to this recipe for additional flavor.
- In a bowl of a stand mixer place the yeast, honey, and warm water together and slightly mix. Let mixture sit for 5 minutes until light and bubbly.
- Once the mixture is foamy, add the flours, olive oil, and salt. Mix while using the dough hook attachment. Mix for about 7-8 minutes until the dough is smooth.
- Place dough inside a lightly greased bowl, and cover with plastic wrap. Let the double in size in a warm place in your kitchen.
- Place dough on a lightly floured surface.
- Gently roll and stretch the dough into a 12 inch rope.
- With a sharp knife, divide the dough into 10 pieces.
- Roll each piece into a small ball.
- With your hand or rolling-pin, make each ball into a 7 inch circle.
- Place the dough onto a baking sheet, and cover with a towel.
- Let the pita rise about 10 minutes or until puffy.
- Place pita bread directly on a bbq mat, and let it cook until it puffs up on each side. You can brush the marinate over the bread while it is cooking for extra flavor!
- If using the stovetop, warm a skillet over medium heat with olive oil.
- Place pita in pan and cook until golden and puffy on each side. You can brush the marinate over the bread while it is cooking for extra flavor!
- Remove from pan and enjoy. Store pita in a sealed container.