Summer is right around the corner, and our garden is blooming with delicious vegetables, and flavorful herbs. On today’s post we are talking about a oh so tasty pasta with a tomato herb sauce.
Here is to fresh delicious vegetables, and spices.
Pasta with Tomato Herb Sauce Recipe
- 1 package of barilla spaghetti
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups of fresh roma tomatoes chopped
- 1 white onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh Greek oregano, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons of red wine
- 2 large cloves of garlic, minced
- Parmesan cheese/ Mizithra cheese
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Prepare pasta according to package directions.
- Saute olive oil, tomatoes, wine, and garlic over medium heat in pan. Saute onions until translucent.
- Add fresh spices, and cook for about 2 minutes until spices absorb into mixture. Season with salt and pepper.
Serve with fresh cheese over the top. If you want to make this a Greek pasta, add feta or Mizithra to serve. 🙂