Happy Wednesday friends! Please excuse my absence on my blog, as we are moving to a new house! I am excited to share that my new kitchen will be quite spacious, and that means yummy food videos and recipes are on the way. 🙂
I hope you are enjoying your Summer?! 🙂
New recipes headed on the blog today and tomorrow. After testing a new pizza dough recipe, I came up with yummy sweet & savory pizza bites. I do hope you enjoy, and please let me know your thoughts in the comment box.
Sweet & Savory Pizza Bites Recipe
Pizza Dough Recipe:
- 1 tablespoon of active dry yeast
- 1 pound of all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 2 teaspoons of pink Himalayan salt
- 1 1/4 cup of hot water
- Oil for frying
- In a large bowl mix together the hot water and honey. Whisk in the yeast, and let it sit for 10 minutes.
- In another bowl, mix the flour and salt. Pour the yeast mixture into the center of the flour, and mix well with hands. Knead the dough until it forms a ball, and wrap the ball into a lightly greased bowl.
- Cover with a slightly damp cloth, and let sit for about 1 hour or until mixture doubles in size.
- Once the dough has doubled, place on floured surface. Roll the dough into balls, and set aside for 15 minutes covered with plastic wrap.
- Prepare a frying pan with a little bit of vegetable oil. Place over medium heat, and fry 4 pizza balls at a time making sure each side is golden brown.
- Optional- You can bake these yummy bites at 400 degrees until golden brown.
- Serve sweet or savory.
Serve with fresh mozzarella cheese, and chopped basil. Pair with marinara sauce.
Works great with hummus too!!
My family really enjoyed the lavender and organic sugar sweet pizza bites. You can also serve with nutella, and toasted pecans.