The recipe you have been all waiting for! Are you ready for some stinky breath? Lol just kidding, but you might want to stay away from your significant other once you dip into this tzatziki recipe. 🙂
Tips prior to making tzatziki!!
- Use Greek yogurt, the thicker the better.
- Let the minced garlic sit in the yogurt to enhance the garlic flavor.
- Make sure to remove the seeds from your cucumber, otherwise you will have a watery mess.
- You can use lemon or lime, but this time I used lime juice.
Tzatziki Dip Recipe
- 1 large cucumber, remove seeds and peel
- 1 half cups of plain Greek yogurt
- 2 large cloves of garlic, minced
- 2.5 tablespoons of Greek olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1 pinch oregano
- 1 pinch of dried dill
- 1 lime, reserve juice
- In a medium bowl add the yogurt and garlic together. Chill in fridge for a couple hours.
- Prepare your cucumber, and do not forget to remove the seeds! Grate the cucumber add to a strainer, make sure to strain out all the juice. (I use my hands to squeeze out the liquid.)
- Add the yogurt garlic mix to a large bowl. Mix in the vinegar, salt, oregano, dill, olive oil, and lime juice. Once that is combined, add the grated cucumber. Mix all ingredients together, and chill overnight. Serve with fresh pita bread, or chips.
Well as you should know many places all over Greece make tzatziki different. This is a Greek version not Cypriot just to clarify. You can’t claim what a traditional recipe is when you don’t know what region this recipe is coming from. Thank you,
Honestly, I can live on Tzatziki sauce!! Yours looks delightful! <3
I agree! I can’t either, and I love mine with a strong garlic flavor! 🙂
This is the best reason for bad breath 🙂
Lol I agree! 🙂
Oh yum yum yum! I’ve been enjoying your adventures on FB! xoxo