Oh how I love Fall baking, especially with our very own apples!!
Today’s recipe is simple, and very tasty. My moms friend asked for this recipe as she tasted one of these delicious scones, and said “Must have recipe!” 🙂 ENJOY!!
Fig Apple Pear Scone Recipe
- 2 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch of pink Himalayan salt
- 1/3 cup of organic cane sugar
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla flavoring
- 1 tablespoon of cinnamon powder
- 1/3 cup of water
- 1/2 cup dried figs
- 1/2 cup chopped Fuji apples
- 1/2 cup chopped pears
- 1/4 cup of maple syrup
- 1/2 cup of chilled unsalted butter, diced
- 1/2 cup of heavy whipping cream
- 2 eggs
- Organic sugar, reserve for serving
- Egg wash 1 egg, and water
- In a large sauce pan add the maple syrup, cinnamon, vanilla, 1/3 cup of water, apples, figs, and pears over medium heat. Cook until the fruit has become soft and almost sauce like.
- Remove from heat to cool. In a large bowl add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and organic sugar and whisk to combine. Cut in the butter to the flour mixture and make sure to mix the butter so it forms a dough.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the eggs, cream, and the cooled fig sauce. Whisk until combined.
- Whisk the liquid into the dry flour mixture.
- Gently combine into a dough, making sure flour is all combined. (If the dough is still wet, feel free to add more flour.)
- Form a circular disk about 1 half inches thick. Cut 8 wedges out of the dough.
- Place wedges onto baking sheet lined with parchment. Lightly brush egg wash over the Scones, and sprinkle sugar over the top.
- Bake at 350 degrees until lightly golden on top. Roughly 25 minutes or so, depending on oven.
- Enjoy scones warm, or save for later. Store scones in airtight container up to 2 days.
•If you have extra fig sauce you can use that to drizzle ove the top of the scones. ❤️