Tis the season for tasty bundt cakes!!
The other day I sent a dozen mini “Nothing Bundt Cakes” to my grandmother for her 92nd birthday. Why didn’t I mail her this bundt cake?! 🙂
Anything with orange flavors is delicious in my opinion. How about an orange vanilla coconut bundt cake guys? Enjoy from my kitchen to yours.
Holiday Orange Vanilla Coconut Bundt Cake Recipe
This recipe is on the healthier side using Greek olive oil instead of butter. Don’t knock the olive oil until you try it. 🙂
- 5 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups of organic sugar
- 1/2 cup of olive oil. (I would use one that doesn’t have a pungent taste to it.)
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla powder, or 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 4 teaspoons of orange zest
- 1 tablespoon of sour cream
- 2 cups of all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt
- Optional: Shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup of powdered sugar
- 4 tablespoons of orange juice
- 1 teaspoon of heavy whipping cream
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a large bundt pan. Place the sugar, eggs, orange zest, and vanilla into bowl and whisk until batter becomes thick and yellow pale in color. (I used my kitchen aid and mixed for about 4 minutes.)
- Add the orange juice, olive oil, and sour cream. Whisk until combined.
- Add the flour, salt, and baking powder to wet mix and combine. Make sure you do not over mix otherwise your bundt cake will not come out.
- Pour the batter into bundt pan. Bake in oven for 40 minutes or until your cake has fully cooked.
- Place onto cooling rack, and prepare the glaze.
- Whisk all ingredients together, making sure the glaze is smooth. Once cake has cooled drizzle glaze over the top. Serve with shredded coconut.