Tina’s Orange Cardamom Bundt Cake
Oh, the orange season is here! I love this time of year where you can make so many delicious recipes with fresh oranges. My friend Yvonne was so kind to reach out to me about some NEW Greek recipes with orange. I decided to whip up a delicious orange cardamom bundt cake that I think you will enjoy. (Thank you to my friend Eli on Instagram for picking out the title of this.) ❤️❤️
Tina’s Orange Cardamom Bundt Cake Recipe
- 2 1/4 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon of salt
- 6 eggs whites at room temperature
- 2 cups of granulated sugar
- 1 cup of olive oil
- 1 cup of buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- 3 teaspoons of orange zest
- 1 teaspoon of ground cardamom
- 1/4 cup of orange juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and lightly spray a bundt pan.
- In a mixer whisk the egg whites until stiff. Beat in sugar until fluffy. Slowly pour in the olive oil and orange juice.
- In a large bowl add the flour, baking soda, salt, vanilla, cardamom, and orange zest. (Set aside)
- Gently fold the egg white mixture with the flour mixture. Add the buttermilk and mix until batter is smooth. (Do not over-mix.)
- Bake for 1 hour or until the cake is golden brown.
- Dust with powdered sugar over the top.