Delicious Greek Easter Cookies
Koulourakia~ Greek Easter Cookies
- 1-1/2 cups butter
- 6 eggs plus 1 egg yolk
- 2 cups (475 ml) sugar
- 6 tsp (30 ml) baking powder
- 1 tsp (5 ml), baking soda
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Juice of 1/2 orange or mandarin
- 3 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 7 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp of lemon zest/ orange/ mandarin zest
- Beat butter and sugar adding eggs one at a time.
- Beat until smooth and sugar has dissolved.
- Mix baking powder and baking soda with 2 cups of flour and blend.
- Add remaining ingredients – not all of the flour at once though, and then make sure your dough is soft, elastic and not sticking to your fingers.
- place the dough in a bowl covered for about 30 minutes.
- Take small pieces of dough (size of a nut) to form S-shaped or O-shaped koulourakia.
- Line pan with baking sheet and preheat your oven to 350 degrees for at 175 c.
- Beat 1 egg yolk with 1 tsp water and brush over cookies.
- Bake at moderate heat until golden brown.
These cookies look wonderful!
Thank you my friend! 🙂
Looks great and delicious. I am curious to try it now.
Thank you so much!! 🙂
So yummy looking!
Thank you!! 😬😬
You rock in the kitchen koukla…I dream of baking with you someday <3
Thank you!!! Yes if we can cook together, that would be amazing. You rock too. 🙂
I would love that. Thank you koukla ❤️
Your koulourakia look delicious! Koulourakia are something my mother makes all the time — growing up I probably had them more than any other kind of cookie. Have you ever tried making Moustokoúloura?
Thank you very much my friend!!! Yes I have tried making moustokouloura and it is one of my fav!! I love the flavors in that cookie recipe. Have you tried it? Did you have a nice Easter?
Yes, I like moustokouloura. Easter was nice, even if it rained on Sunday. Hope yours was a good one, too. 🙂
Yes we had a lovely and relaxing Easter. Happy Sunday my friend. 🙂
Some of my absolute Favorites-Koukla Mou!!! xx
Thank you!! Me too. Wishing you and your family a beautiful Greek Easter!
Did u get that BIG RING yet? you know on your finger-Greeks wear on the right hand not left but left is okay too!
No I didn’t and yes of course I know that. 🙂 Thanks for asking though.
Thanks for stopping by. What bread is this? Is it a greek bread? what is the most popular greek bread? Have a pleasant day!
Hi Liz- yes It is Famous around Easter. May 5th is Greek Easter. I will be posting a recipe for this. It is called Tsoureki. It is really really yummy. I will be posting this recipe soon. Stay tuned. Thx for stopping by.