Happy Tuesday friends! I am excited to share this delicious pita bread recipe with y’all.
Pita bread on the BBQ is absolutely delicious and you must try it. In my opinion it’s the perfect Summer bread.
Pita Bread On The BBQ Recipe
- 1 cup + few tablespoons of warm water
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1.5 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon clover honey
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast or 2 teaspoons of wild yeast (optional)
- In a large bowl add the warm water, yeast, and honey. Whisk to combine and let sit for a few minutes until bubbles appear. If you are asking why to add wild yeast well first off it gives your bread such a light and fluffy texture. I’m obsessed with my 130 day old wild yeast!! Every bread recipe I make using the wild yeast my family raves over it. 🙂 You can read more about wild yeast at this link. (Wild Yeast)
- In another large bowl, add the dry ingredients together and make a well in the center.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix to combine. Knead the dough together for about 5 minutes, then place dough ball into a lightly greased bowl covered for 30 minutes or until doubled in size.
- Gently roll and stretch the dough into a 12 inch rope.With a sharp knife, divide the dough into 10 pieces. Roll each piece into a small ball, and then place dough balls onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Let rise for about 30 minutes.
- Prepare BBQ and preheat to about 400 degrees. Lay the pita directly onto the grill plates and close lid for about 1-2 minutes depending on how hot your BBQ is.
- Once the pita begins to puff up you can flip over to other side. Grill each side until lightly golden brown in color. If you don’t feel comfortable placing pita directly on grill, you can line the grill with foil. Pita can be stored into a plastic container up to a few days.
- You can use the pita to make sandwiches, for dipping bread, or you can make pita chips!
Kali Orexi! I hope you enjoyed this recipe. 🙂