Gluten Free Chocolate Brownies
Hello foodies! I hope you are enjoying your week so far! I have a big surprise coming your way soon. 🙂
We haven’t had power the last 4 days and it’s been really HECTIC for me especially since I run my own business. It’s been a bit challenging but that hasn’t stopped me from cooking in the dark. I have made some really delicious foods and one of them I’m sharing today. If you are a chocolate fan well then this recipe is a must try. I know you are thinking well this can’t be a good brownie recipe because it doesn’t have any flour in it but it’s definitely not your average brownie recipe. It’s moist and really yummy especially with the special cocoa powder I used.
Gluten Free Chocolate Brownies Recipe
Servings: 10-12 brownies
- 5 tablespoons of butter melted
- 1 1/2 cup of organic sugar
- 1 pinch of pink Himalayan salt (fine grind)
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup of special dark cocoa powder (I used the Hershey’s brand)
- 3 eggs ( room temperature)
- 1 1/2 cups of almond flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- Optional: Chopped walnuts
1. Prepare the oven. Preheat to 350 degrees. Grease a 9 inch round or square baking pan.
2. Place the first 6 ingredients in a large glass bowl and whisk to combine.
3. Fold in the almond flour and baking powder making sure to not over mix. Add the walnuts if you are using them.
4. Place the batter inside the greased baking pan making sure it’s evenly distributed. Bake in middle rack between 35-40 minutes. I like to under bake the brownies just a few so that they are moist in the center. Test with a toothpick in center and it’s done when the toothpick comes out clean.
5. Remove brownies from the oven and let cool for about 20 minutes. You can enjoy them while they are slightly warm or store inside and airtight container wrapped in parchment paper.