Keto-Friendly Spanakopita Frittata
Hello friends!! On today’s post, I’m sharing a keto recipe. Why Keto? Well, I have had a few friends ask me for keto-friendly recipes and thought sure why not?
This recipe is so easy to make and actually I have enjoyed this over a dozen times so far. 🌿🌿
Growing up in a Greek household well spanakopita (Greek spinach feta pie) was our most favorite dish to make especially for the holidays. I started making spanakopita at a very young age and ever since then I never stopped. If you are a huge fan of spanakopita well I think you will enjoy this frittata. Just imagine all the goodness of spanakopita without the phyllo dough.
For those who are on the Keto diet this us definitely a recipe to try! It’s perfect to add to your holiday table and super easy to make.
Keto- Friendly Spanakopita Fritatta Recipe
- 10 oz of fresh spinach (you can use frozen too)
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 leek, finely diced
- 3 tablespoons of dill (you can use fresh or dried)
- 6 large eggs
- 1/4 cup of heavy cream
- 1/2 cup of feta cheese
- Pinch of cumin
- Salt and pepper for taste
- To serve: Finely chopped parsley
- **Make sure to use a pan that is oven safe.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Prepare the spinach. If you are using frozen spinach thaw it out. You can quickly do this by placing frozen spinach in a microwavable bowl and defrosting for 30 second intervals.
- Make sure to squeeze out all the excess liquid out of the spinach before using.
- If you are using fresh spinach, follow the directions below.
- In a large pan drizzle some olive oil and add spinach and leeks. Saute for about 3 minutes or until the spinach has wilted and the leeks are transclucent. Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl mix together the eggs, heavy cream, and feta. Whisk to combine. Add the spinach and leeks and fold in the ingredients. Season with dill, cumin, salt, and pepper.
- Place a thick piece of aluminum foil over the handle of the pan. Place pan in the middle rack of the oven. Cook between 8-10 minutes. (Cover the top of the fritatta with foil if the top is getting too much color.)
- Cook until fritatta is set in the middle. You can test with a tooth pick to make sure the center is fully cooked. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Cut into pieces, and serve with freshly chopped parsley.