Rich Chocolate Olive Oil Cake Recipe
Happy Anniversary to my food blog! I can not believe it has been 7 years since I started Kouzounas Kitchen blog!!! To celebrate I decided to make this delicious chocolate olive oil cake that is rich and so tasty. The perfect recipe for those extreme chocolate lovers out there like myself. Let’s all CELEBRATE Kouzounas Kitchen blog anniversary and make this cake. 🙂
Rich Chocolate Olive Oil Cake
- 3/4 cup plus 1 teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil (save the 1 teaspoon for the pan)
- 1/2 cup of Guittard unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup of boiling water
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 pinch of pink Himalayan salt
- 1 1/3 cup of organic sugar
- 3 eggs at room temperature
- Optional: Finely chopped almonds to serve
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Prepare a springform pan by lightly greasing it with a teaspoon of olive oil. Once you lightly greased then place parchment paper over the baking pan. Make sure it fits perfectly that way your cake bakes evenly.
- Sift the cocoa in a medium bowl and then whisk the boiling water just until smooth. Set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl combine the flour, baking soda, and salt. Stir to combine. Set aside.
- In a mixer add the eggs, olive oil, and sugar and beat using a fitted paddle attachment. Beat for about 5 minutes or until light in color and creamy.
- Once you achieved that creamy color then add the chocolate-vanilla mixture while the mixer is on low. Scrape down the sides with the spatula then gently fold the dry mixture into the wet ingredients.
- Make sure not to overmix the flour that way your cake doesn’t become too dense. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and place it on the middle rack of the oven. Baking time can vary but it should bake between 35 to 40 minutes. Place a toothpick in the center of the cake to test. If the toothpick comes out clean then your cake is good to go. Remove cake from the oven and let cool completely.
- Serve with a delicious chocolate ganache and almonds.