Happy Tuesday friends!! Excited to play in the kitchen today and come up with this beautiful light lava cake that happens to be infused with Nescafe coffee. 🙂
How did I come up with this? EASY! I made a frappe and quickly my mind was working in magical ways to come up with this dessert. I hope you enjoy and please do tag us on social media if you make this recipe! Use hashtag “KouzounasKitchen” for all food pictures.
Chocolate Nescafe Lava Cake Recipe
- 4 ounces of bittersweet chocolate
- 4 ounces of butter
- 3 eggs room temperature
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1/4 cup of flour
- pinch of finely ground sea salt
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons of Nescafe coffee + 2 teaspoons of hot water to mix
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Mix together the Nescafe and hot water and set aside.
- Grease 4 large ramekins and then lightly dust flour inside. Set aside on the baking sheet.
- In a medium bowl, melt the chocolate and butter together in the microwave. Cook between 35-50 seconds until butter is melted. Add the Nescafe mixture and flour, whisk to combine.
- In two medium bowls separate the egg whites and egg yolks. Beat the egg whites with 1/4 cup of the sugar. You want to beat until soft peaks form. Set aside.
- In the other bowl with the egg yolks, add vanilla and the other 1/4 cup of sugar and mix until it is light yellow in color. Fold the egg yolk mixture into the chocolate and combine. Now fold the egg whites into the mixture, and gently mix to combine. You want the batter to be light and fluffy.
- Divide the batter between the ramekins. Bake for about 12 minutes or until the edges of the cake pull away from the ramekin. Remove from heat and let cool before you invert the ramekins onto a plate. Serve with fresh fruit or ice cream.