Delicious Greek Carrot Cake
Delicious carrot cake with a creamy Greek yogurt frosting! This recipe is approved by foodies.
-I hope you enjoy from my kitchen to yours.
🥕🥕Carrot Cake with Greek Yogurt Frosting Recipe🥕🥕
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts (toasted)
- 3 teaspoons of Saigon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 pinch of salt (pink Himalayan)
- 3 large eggs (room temperature)
- 1 cup of organic sugar
- 1/2 cup of vegetable oil
- 2 cups of shredded carrots
- 4 tablespoons of Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup of pumpkin puree
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla flavoring
Greek yogurt frosting
- 6 ounces of cream cheese at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups of powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup of Fage plain Greek yogurt
- 4 tablespoons of unsalted butter room temperature
- 3 teaspoons of vanilla
- In a large bowl mix the flour, walnuts, cinnamon, cardamom, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Mix to combine.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a large baking pan preferable 9 x13 inch baking dish.
- In a stand mixer bowl add the eggs, sugar, vegetable oil, Greek yogurt, pumpkin puree, and vanilla.
- Fold in the carrots. Next, fold in the dry ingredients until just combined. Pour batter inside the baking pan.
- Bake in the middle oven for 20-25 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- To make the frosting-
In a mixer bowl add all ingredients to bowl and mix until smooth on medium speed. If the texture is not smooth continue to blend. If your frosting breaks and it seems curdled, place the mixture over a ban Marie and whisk until smooth and then chill in the refrigerator.