One of my most loved mezes is skordalia which is Greek garlic mashed potatoes. I have been trying to do a twist to this recipe for quite some time and FINALLY something new I made.
Carrot Potato Skordalia Recipe
- 1 pound of carrots peeled and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 large russet potatoes cut in half
- 4 garlic cloves peeled
- 1/2 cup of Greek olive oil
- 1 lemon reserve juice
- 2 green onions finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons of oregano
- Salt & pepper
- Optional- Fresh mint leaves are good to use as well.
- Place the carrots and potatoes on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and drizzle half the olive oil over the vegetables. Season with salt and pepper and cook in a 400-degree oven until the vegetables are tender.
- Remove vegetables from oven and place in a food blender. ( Be careful when you blend especially when the vegetables are hot.) Blend potatoes, carrots, garlic, lemon juice, and some olive oil. Blend until smooth.
- Chill dip overnight and serve with oregano and diced onion.