Happy almost Friday! I hope you are well and staying safe.
On today’s post, I am sharing a super easy and delicious 3 ingredient Greek frozen yogurt recipe. Super easy to whip up and such a tasty treat especially on those hot days like today in California!
We have been blessed with hot summer days, but unfortunately not blessed with the horrible fires that happened. I want to take a moment to send my thoughts to all of those who are affected by the California fires. My nephew started pre-kindergarten, of course from home, and there is a student in his class that lost his home due to the LNU fire. Let me tell you guys, it has been a YEAR of sadness, but I am really hoping for a better new year to come.
Let’s get back to the cooking!
You only need 3 ingredients! Greek yogurt, honey, and a vanilla bean. This is such a healthier way of enjoying ice cream, and it is not too sweet!
Now, I suggest using an ice cream machine if handy; otherwise, you can make this without one. Get the kids involved in this fun “froyo” adventure! You can serve this frozen yogurt with any toppings but my ultimate favorites are:
- Crushed Oreos
- Honey & Cinnamon
- Toasted Walnuts & Honey
3 Ingredient Honey Vanilla Greek Frozen Yogurt Recipe
- Fage Greek Yogurt (32 ounces) I managed to find a LACTOSE FREE yogurt which really saved me!
- 1/4 cup of Greek Cretan thyme honey – SHOP NOW
- 1 vanilla bean pod from Saffron Direct (reserve the seeds) – SHOP NOW
- Place a cheesecloth over a sieve and pour the yogurt inside. Remove any excess liquid in the yogurt.
- Whisk together the yogurt, honey, and vanilla bean. Pour mixture inside the ice cream machine. My machine runs for 1 hour or so but make sure you follow the manufacturer’s directions.
- Once the ice cream has set, remove from the machine and transfer it to a sealed container. I like to place plastic wrap over the top and then seal the lid- that way the ice cream doesn’t stick to the top.