Hello, my beautiful foodies! I hope you are staying well and baking up a storm now that fall is here.
One of my favorite fruits of all time is PEACHES! Yes, I love peaches because you can create sweet and savory recipes with them. Anywhere from pies, to tarts, to salsa, and salads.
Today I will show you how to whip up a gourmet dessert in a matter of minutes. I don’t know how the idea of infusing ouzo and cream together came to mind, but because I am Greek I think ouzo is always in the back of my mind. HA!
Sauteed Peaches with an Ouzo Infused Whipped Cream Recipe
- 2 large peaches preferably ripened and halved
- 3 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- Peel and halve the peaches. Over medium heat, melt butter in a large pan.
- Place the 4 peaches cut side down, and saute for a few minutes until each side is golden brown.
- Add the brown sugar, salt, lemon juice, honey, and vanilla to the pan making sure to stir to combine.
- Cook until the sauce has thickened and the peaches are tender. Remove from pan and reserve the sauce to serve.
- Serve peaches on a plate topped with a dollop of the ouzo whipped cream and the caramel sauce. I like to add fresh blueberries or fruit to the dessert as well.
Ouzo Infused Whipped Cream
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- 5 tablespoons of powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla flavoring
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of ouzo
- Place all ingredients into a blender ( a ninja or Nutri-Bullet) will do just fine.
- Blend on high until cream is thick. Remove from the machine and place whipping cream into a sealed container and cover. Chill until ready to use.