Dutch Baby Recipe (The Perfect Brunch)
One of the foods I grew up with as a kid is dutch baby. I absolutely love it and it is so easy to whip up in a matter of minutes, then bake it and done.
Okay, I dedicate this recipe to the originals of the real dutch baby recipe dedicated to the Manca’s Cafe. I hope you enjoy this yummy fluffy egg recipe.
Dutch Baby Recipe
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon of sugar (I love organic sugar)
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- Cast iron pan (season your pan)
- Ninja blender
How to season your cast iron pan.
- In a ninja blender add the eggs, flour, milk, vanilla, sugar, and nutmeg. Blend until smooth.
- Prepare the cast iron pan and add butter. Melt butter in the oven. Remove pan from oven and then pour the batter inside. Make sure it’s evenly spread out.
- Bake at 425 degrees in the middle rack of the oven. Cook for about 18 minutes. (Be careful so it’s not too brown.) Reduce heat to 300 degrees and cook for about 2 more minutes. You want the dutch babies to be nice and puffed up. Remove from heat and serve with lemon juice, powdered sugar, and fresh berries.
Thank you so much for sharing!
Oh these look soo delicious!
Thank you so much! A family favorite for sure. 🙂