Creamy Asparagus & Mushroom Soup Recipe
Hello friends! It has been a while, and I am sorry I didn’t get a post up sooner. Many things happening at once! Exciting things like the podcast, a new event coming for Greek Easter, and a few other exciting projects. I like to keep myself busy I suppose.
What’s cooking today in Kouzounas Kitchen?
Well, since we are fasting for lent I decided to do a roundup of recipes coming soon for YOU! I think people often mistake lent recipes as tasteless or not so delicious, but my friends it is quite the opposite. Vegetables are so beautiful and they add so much flavor to any dish. Today I cooked up one of my favorite soups! CREAMY ASPARAGUS MUSHROOM SOUP. It is made up of asparagus, mushroom, leeks, fennel seed, and more. You can serve this soup with sauteed mushrooms or even olive oil croutons. I used Kouzini’s “Premium Royal Fig Balsamic Vinegar“ in the mushrooms, and it is so good! Please have a look at their site to check it out. PS- This isn’t a paid sponsored ad, rather I just love this product and felt to give them a shout-out!
Creamy Asparagus & Mushroom Soup
- 1 bunch of asparagus -clean and trim ends
- 1 leek, diced
- 1/4 white onion, diced
- 1 garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon of dried fennel seed
- 2 Yukon potatoes, diced
- 1 cup of vegetable stock
- 2 cups of button mushrooms sliced
- 3 cups of coconut milk unsweetened
- 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour
- Salt & Pepper
- Fresh parsley
- Prepare the asparagus by cleaning the stalks and trim the ends. Cut the asparagus in about 2 inches each.
- Saute the mushrooms and asparagus in olive oil over medium heat. Set mushrooms and aspargus aside.
- In a large pot over medium heat saute the leek, onion, garlic for a few minutes. Add the potatoes, fennel seed, asparagus, half mushrooms, and celery to the pan. Add the stock to the pot and simmer until the vegetables are tender. Season with salt and pepper. Add the mixture to a blender, and blend with coconut milk and flour.
- Pour mixture into pan and thicken for a few minutes.
- Serve with sauteed mushrooms and fresh parsley.