I have a beautiful focaccia recipe to share with you!!!
The aromas of rosemary and tomatoes in focaccia are absolutely divine! It adds such a lovely flavor, and it’s so good! This recipe is so easy to make especially in a mixer. I do hope you enjoy as much as we did. Focaccia doesn’t last long in this kitchen! I think it is time to make another loaf now. 🙂
Rosemary Tomato Focaccia Bread Recipe
- 4 cups of bread flour
- 2 1/4 teaspoons of dried yeast
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 1/2 cup of warm water (yeast mixture)
- 2/3 cup of warm water (to form the dough)
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil for dough mix and 4 tablespoons extra for drizzling ( I used Oleosophia)
- 1 cup of grape tomatoes
- 3 sprigs of rosemary sprigs
- Sea salt
- Add the yeast, sugar, and warm water. Gently stir with a wooden spoon and set aside until bubbly.
- Place the dough hook attachment into the mixer. In a large mixing bowl place the flour and make a large well in the center. Add the yeast mixture, and then add warm water, olive oil, and salt while the mixer is running.
- Mix until a dough forms. Remove dough from mixer and place on a large surface. Knead the dough for about 5 minutes and then form dough into a ball and let rest for about 1 hour or until doubled in bulk.
- Prepare a square baking dish with approximately 8 x 12 pan. Lightly grease the pan with olive oil.
- Stretch the dough into the pan, making sure to cover the entire pan including the edges. Once the dough is formed into a square shape, use your fingers to press into the dough to make sort of dimples all around. (This is the fun process of making focaccia!) Once you formed the dimples, then drizzle olive oil over the top. Place tomatoes over the dough. I like to do an even layer of tomatoes, and then I break the rosemary apart and spread it out over the dough. Once you used the tomatoes and rosemary up, then drizzle with more olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt. Cover dough for an additional 25 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400 F or 200 C.
- Your dough is ready to bake! Bake dough in the middle rack for 30 minutes or until golden brown in color. Remove from oven and let cool, and serve warm.
- Focaccia is really good to dip in an olive oil balsamic mixture. You can even use focaccia as sandwich bread! Super aromatic and yummy.
- You can use any herbs in focaccia bread!! Rosemary and tomatoes are a perfect match, but really any herbs work.
- Add some garlic or olives to the mixture for extra flavor!
- Sometimes I drizzle honey over the top of the focaccia for sweet & salty flavors.
- Don’t forget to let the focaccia dough rise because this ensures a wonderful bread texture!